Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Easy


Last week was a first for me. I voted early.

Early voting in Illinois is a piece of cake. No crowds. No waiting. I just drove to my township office, flashed my drivers license and stepped to the voting booth. Two minutes after I arrived I was ready to leave.


I was already comfortable with my decisions for president, congress, Illinois Statehouse, local offices and referenda. Instead of waiting until Election Day, I figured I could shut out the campaign noise by taking matters into my own hands. What a relief. Now I happily tune out all broadcast drivel and incessant commercials, as well thankfully skip past all print media coverage and angst.


After inserting my ballot in the voting machine I couldn't help but notice that I wasn't alone in this early voting thing: a full two weeks before Election Day, more than 500 of my neighbors voted before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment